THE COUNTDOWN...

Believe it or not, it's coming together!  There is actually light at the end of the tunnel.  Just four more days and Marty and I will REALLY be looking for the wine!  Marty had no idea what she was getting into when she agreed to hold the Sale at their home.  But I think she's starting to get excited again at seeing the finished product coming together.   We promised each other that 'NO MATTER WHAT' - we'd still be friends when it's all over.  hahaha!
I can't tell you how happy I am about the variety of friends we'll have with us, selling their temptations on Saturday.  As some of you know, my taste is very eclectic and that's just what we'll have on tap.  Kinda like a "mini-Country Living Show"!!!  
 "Pursue the Imperfect"....  Those days of finding a perfect blue pie safe for $500 are long gone.  The "new generation" likes the relaxed, cozy comfort of worn, not pristine. So what some may refer to as "junk" is really the new "IN" style.  Go to Barnes & Noble and you will see what I'm talking about!  There are few magazines devoted to high end collectibles nowadays, but lots of ink about flea market finds, repurposed junk 
and hand-me-downs are on the rag racks.  
I thought about posting WORK IN PROGRESS/TEASER pics but eh, it would just spoil the fun.  I might post them AFTER the Sale so as not to scare you away at this point.  :)
The weather looks very promising.  Thanks for your positive thoughts for good weather!  
For now though I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can get back out and work on "another pile"!  

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

I am so looking forward to doing your show and meeting Marty. I am planning on having a good time. I am sure it's going to be awesome!!! I am bringing some great stuff and I am ready to shop and sell!!